Drug Crime Defense Attorney in Philadelphia
If you are facing federal or state drug charges in New Jersey or Pennsylvania, the lawyer that you choose to represent you matters. You need a drug defense law firm and attorney with experience and knowledge who can help you reach the best outcome. Contact drug charge attorney Alan J. Tauber to discuss your legal rights and options.
Experienced Philadelphia Drug Charges Lawyer Fighting for You
Whether you are facing state charges or federal charges, you need personalized legal representation from a drug defense lawyer as soon as possible. We handle cases in Philadelphia, Delaware, Montgomery, Bucks, and Chester counties in PA as well as Camden, Burlington, Atlantic, and Mercer counties in New Jersey.
Tauber Law knows and acknowledges the complex nature of drug charges - including the rules pertaining to searches and seizures. We can help you fight charges and defend your rights - whether you were wrongfully accused or made a mistake, or your rights were violated. Contact us today to speak with a Philadelphia drug crimes attorney about your best course of action. You do not have to take on a battle with the court for drug charges alone.
Types of Drug Cases We Defend in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- Marijuana Possession
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Possession with intent to Deliver Drugs (PWID)
Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Manufacturing of Drugs
Distribution of Drugs
Prescription Drug Fraud
Enhanced Sentencing for Designated Drug-Free Zones
Nebbia-Source of Bail Hearing
Talk to an Experienced Pennsylvania Lawyer for Drug Charges
Drug Schedules & Classification in Philadelphia
In Pennsylvania, penalties for drug crimes are almost always related to the classification of drugs. Pennsylvania’s drug schedules recognize five types of drug classifications:
- Schedule I Drugs: Examples include Heroin, Ecstasy, LSD, and Marijuana. Drugs have the highest potential for addiction or abuse.
- Schedule II Drugs: Examples include Cocaine, Oxycontin, Methadone, Adderall, and Ritalin. Drugs have a high potential for addiction or abuse, but some drugs have medical use and may be available by prescription.
- Schedule III Drugs: Examples include Vicodin, Tylenol with codeine, and Ketamine. Drugs have a moderate potential for dependence or abuse.
- Schedule IV Drugs: Examples include Ambien, Valium, Xanax, and Restoril. Drugs are less dangerous and have a lower probability of misuse than higher-scheduled drugs.
- Schedule V Drugs: Examples include Parepectolin, Robitussin AC, and Lyrica. These drugs have the lowest potential for abuse and have recognized medical use.
Penalties for Drug Crimes in Pennsylvania & NJ
Federal Versus State Drug Charges
- You are arrested by the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
- You cross state lines while possessing a controlled substance
- You are arrested on government property (government buildings, courthouses, jails, national monuments, or national parks.)
- You are caught importing drugs into the United States (even with a prescription).
Get Legal Help from a Philadelphia Drug Offense Lawyer
Defense Strategies for Pennsylvania Drug Charges
- Thoroughly investigate your case and collect and preserve all relevant evidence.
- Communicate on your behalf with the court and prosecutors.
- Handle paperwork and administrative elements of your case.
- Provide you with all possible options to make informed decisions about your case.
- Do everything possible to get charges dismissed or reduced.
Why Do You Need to Hire a Philadelphia Drug Crime Attorney?
You may think a drug crime is not serious - but even the simplest misdemeanor charges impact your career, your family, and your relationships. Collateral consequences can include loss of opportunities in the military or obtaining professional consequences. If you are in the United States on a Visa, you may face severe immigration consequences or deportation. Tauber Law may be able to help you - do not accept even a misdemeanor conviction if you have a chance to reduce the consequences.
Settlement for malicious prosecution
Settlement for malicious prosecution and false arrest